MAYANK SHARMAAssistant Professor Information Technology & Systems +91-7088270882 (Ext. 217) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayank Sharma is an Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Management Kashipur in the area of Information Technology & Systems. He completed his Fellow Programme in Management from the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow in IT and Systems area. He also holds degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Calicut, India. In the past he has worked at Tech. Mahindra Pvt. Ltd.
His doctoral thesis focused on online communities in social networking site from information system theories perspective. His teaching interest are Management Information Systems, Social Media Analytics and Business Analytics. He regularly conducts online Management Development Programme for industry participants on Business Analytics and Big Data.
- Thangavelu, M., Krishnaswamy, V., & Sharma, M. (2021). Impact of Comprehensive Information Security Awareness and Cognitive Characteristics on Security Incident Management–An empirical study. Computers & Security, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cose.2021.102401.
- Pathak, S., Krishnaswamy, V., & Sharma, M. (2021). Big data analytics capabilities: A novel integrated fitness framework based on a tool-based content analysis. Enterprise Information Systems. https://doi.org/10.1080/17517575.2021.1939427.
- Thangavelu, M., Krishnaswamy, V., & Sharma, M. (2020). Comprehensive Information Security Awareness (CISA) in Security Incident Management (SIM): A Conceptualization. South Asian Journal of Management, 27(2).
- Kulshrestha, Anurag, Venkataraghavan Krishnaswamy, and Mayank Sharma. "Bayesian BILSTM approach for tourism demand forecasting." Annals of Tourism Research, 83(July 2020), 102925.
- Pathak, S., Krishnaswamy, V., & Sharma, M. (2019). Impact of IT practices and business value of IT measurement. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 69(4), 774-793.
- Pallasena, R. K., Sharma, M., & Krishnaswamy, V. (2019). Context-sensitive smart devices-definition and a functional taxonomy. International Journal of Social and Humanistic Computing, 3(2), 108-134.
- Krishnaswamy, V., & Sharma, M. (2018). Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) IT Helpdesk at an Institute of Higher Education: Implementation Issues. South Asian Journal of Management, 25(4).
- Sharma, M., Kumar, P., & Bhasker, B. (2015). Purchase intention and word of mouth in social apps. International Journal of Web Based Communities, 11(2), 188-209.
- Sharma, M., Kumar, P., & Bhasker, B. (2014). A Study of Factors Resulting to Online Community Formation. Journal of Information Technology Management, 25(2), 1-14.
Management Information Systems
Social Media Analytics
Advanced Machine Learning
Network Theory & Analysis
Outstanding paper award for the research paper presented in 12th IADIS International Conference on e-Society, Spain.
Admission Chairperson (2019-June 2021)
Website Chairperson (2017-2019)
Admission Co-Chairperson (2018-2019)