Management Education and Research Colloquium
May 19th-21st, 2023
MERC is an avenue for doctoral students to present and discuss their research ideas and gain valuable insights from experts and peers. Along with providing a platform for stimulating discussions and networking, MERC intends to provide an invigorating and rejuvenating experience with informal events and surprises.
Objective of the event:
MERC aims to bring together doctoral scholars in management to present and discuss their thesis work/working papers/research papers, interact with experts in their field about their research and receive constructive feedback in a friendly and collaborative environment. The major objectives of MERC are:
- To facilitate the exchange of ideas between doctoral students and leading academicians in the respective areas to enable them to improve their research papers for publication.
- To provide an opportunity to the scholars for network building and collaboration.
All topics and methodological approaches within the broad fields of management comprising, organizational behaviour, HRM, strategy, finance, economics, information technology, entrepreneurship, marketing, and consumer behaviour are welcome.
Submissions in the form of either full papers or extended abstracts (1500 words) are welcome. Submissions should clearly state the aims and intended contributions of the research, an outline description of the theoretical framework and concepts adopted, the research design and approach to data analysis (where applicable), the key findings, along with their theoretical and practical significance.
Submissions are welcome in a range of topics that covers all research areas in management including:
|Accounting and Finance||Operations Management and Decision Sciences|
|Business Analytics||Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Management|
|Business Communications||Public Policy and Governance|
|Economics and Business Environment||Strategic Management|
|General Management||Information Technology and Systems|
All papers will be blind peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers. Participants shall have the option to present their papers in both online and offline mode. However, only full papers presented in offline mode shall be considered for best paper awards.
- Panel Discussions
- Online Events
- Paper Presentations
- Best Paper Awards
- Publication Opportunities
- Nature Excursion
- Networking Opportunities etc.
|Paper submission opens:||1st March, 2023|
|Paper submission closes:||31st March, 2023|
|Intimation for Acceptance:||15th April, 2023|
|Early Bird Registration Opens:||20th April, 2023|
|Early Bird Registration Closes:||30th April, 2023|
Guidelines for Submission
- An extended abstract or full paper should be submitted through easy chair on the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=merc2023.
- Please name your submission document (only in pdf format) as Area_Name e.g., Marketing Management_Rahul Sharma.
- One extended abstract should be submitted only to one track.
- Settings: Files should be MS Word documents/PDF in A4 page size, portrait orientation, and 2.54cm margin at all sides. Neither page numbers nor running heads are necessary and should not be included in submitted document.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12-font size throughout the main-text, that must be double spaced and justified. References, tables and figures may use Times New Roman, 11-font size.
- Section headings: Use only three levels of headings and use boldface for all three - First-level headings : all capital letters, centered; - Second-level headings : title-style letters, flush left; - Third-level headings : sentence-style letters, indented, italicized; and run into paragraph
- Word limit: The length of the submission should be between 2000 and 6000 words (excluding references, tables and figures). The submission should include an abstract of maximum 150 words, which may be included in the conference proceedings.
Participants can register under three categories: (1) Offline presenters, (2) Online presenters, (3) non-presenters.
- Offline presenters can attend all events of the colloquium and shall be considered for best paper awards.
- Online presenters shall have the opportunity to present their research work in the online mode and attend other online events of the colloquium.
- Non-presenters (offline) will have the opportunity to attend all track sessions and workshops.
- Non-presenters (online) shall have the opportunity to attend all online events of the colloquium.
The registration fees for the different categories are as under:
|Categories||Early bird registration fees (on or before 30th April, 2023)||Late registration fees (after 30th April, 2023)|
- The registration fee covers colloquium kit, access to plenary sessions, panel discussions, paper presentations, workshops and all other events of the colloquium.
- Accommodation shall be available on single-occupancy basis (maximum three nights) in the campus premises on an extra payable basis. The tariff and reservation details shall be shared along with the acceptance notification.
- Food coupons shall be available for offline presenters and non-presenters at the registration desk on the chargeable basis.
- Participants have to cover their travel expenses.
Three best paper awards based on the criteria laid out by the panel of experts.
About the Institute
The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur is set up in the state of Uttarakhand, with the objective of providing quality management education while sensitizing students towards the needs of the society. IIM Kashipur commenced operations from July 2011 and offers Post Graduate Programme in Management(MBA), a two-year full time residential programme. The rigorous curriculum seeks to instill a passion for knowledge and ability to apply that knowledge to real life scenarios. The programme lays emphasis on all-round personality development and inculcates the values of leadership and integrity. The institute also offers an executive Post Graduate Programme(MBA-WX), full-time residential Doctoral Programme(PhD). The institute is located in one of the unmatched locations. With the mighty Himalayan foothills in the background presenting a scenic view of snow-clad peaks in winters, Jim Corbett National Park and Nainital a drive away, it offers a plethora of unexplored gateways making it anyone’s dream institute. Located at about 220 km to the east of Delhi, Kashipur is connected to major cities by road and rail. The institute is well-linked by road which connects all the major cities like Moradabad, Bareilly, Lucknow and Delhi by wide rail network.The nearest airport at Pantnagar offers daily flights from Delhi and is located 72 km from Kashipur. From Delhi, NH-24 leads to Moradabad after which a 50 km stretch directs to Kashipur. IIM Kashipur is located in Kundeshwari, about 9 kms from the railway station. Major Hotels around IIM Kashipur are Anand Castle, Gautami Heights, The Manor, Ananya, etc.
For queries contact:merc[at]iimkashipur[dot]ac[dot]in
Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
Kashipur – 244713