The Center of Excellence in Public Policy and Government is set up by the institute as platform to serve as a bridge between policymakers, government agencies, civil society, industry and academia by supporting scholarly research, public policy and administration training programs, and other capacity building activities at the intersection of government and society addressing some of the most important public policy and governance issues. It combines educational programs with current research, training and advisory services based on thematic public policy analyses. The Center hosts a diverse team on internal faculty as well as visiting scholars committed to interdisciplinary public policy research, teaching, and engagement addressing topics such as public administration, law, gender, environment, education, social engineering, migration, human rights, media, information society, conflict resolution, transitional justice, business and good governance.
- Pursue a vigorous inter-disciplinary program of education, research and training to address major public policy and governance issues via case studies, working papers and reports, major forums, public debates, lecture series, and scholarly conferences.
- Offer quality advisory services to various governments and organizations – state, national and international – to enhance capacity building efforts of the concerned parties.
- Host national and foreign government officials, visiting scholars and offer customized training programs in various areas related to public policy and government.
- Bring issues to the attention of a larger audience through regular interaction with government officials, business leaders, policymakers, scholars, and the media.
- Publish edited volumes with contributions from a variety of scholars on major issues.
- Create new scholarly expertise by offering opportunities for doctoral and post-doctoral research.
- Develop, in the long run, regular and short-term formal and distance learning academic programs on Public Policy and Governance covering a diverse set of subjects.
- Initiate innovative demand-driven and policy-oriented courses beyond the business sector keeping in view the needs of the society, nation and the global context.